Mobile apps are gaining momentum nowadays as majority of the businesses are turning online. Having said that, customised apps helps your customers transact/ get information of your business the way you want and earn additional revenues too!
These can be partially or fully personalised to suit your business needs and are altered to cater a particular audience rather than providing a solution which caters to a large group with varying requirements. For most businesses across the globe, applications have helped in staying relevant in an increasingly dynamic and diverse environment. The demand for enterprise mobile application development has thus risen exponentially these days as organisations battle to get a competitive edge over each other.
Why build a custom mobile app?
- Efficiency –If you have a custom app made, it functions according to your business requirements, thereby enhancing productivity and in turn ROI.
- Scalability – Regular applications cater to a limited audience. If a business grows, such applications may not be able to handle the load. Whereas, custom applications are built taking all these parameters into consideration and can be easily modified later when the need arises.
- Software Integration – Most custom apps are built keeping in mind your current business softwares and its integration requirements. Therefore,they are guaranteed to integrate well and work without showing any errors.
- Easy to Maintain – By using common applications for your day-to-day business operations, it is a risk as you take a chance in front of an unknown mobile app developer who might discontinue the app for any reason.
With your own custom business application, you do not have to dependon any other developer.
- Customer Relationship – Custom apps allow you to send personalized updates related to your products and services to your existing customers.
In addition, it allows you to receive feedback from your customers and you can interact with them in real time, which can be leveraged to improve long-term customer relationships.
Things to Consider
The market landscape, dynamically changing mobile platforms and the demand for rapid response require custom appsolutions to be well researched before deploying. Some of the points to consider before developing a custom app are:
- Faster Time to Market – These custom apps must be built in a quick turnaround time so they can go to market as soon as they are launched.
- Improved Efficiency – Custom applications need to be corrected and adjusted for greater efficiency and ensure that the final solution is effective and results in a clear improvement.
- Multi-network compatibility – The developed app needs to be tested for multiple carriers and ensure that the app works on different networks in different countries.
- Data security – It is one of the most vital point that needs to be considered. Most apps are developed for use by more than one user, so they must offer strong authentication and secure access to data.
- Efficient data synchronization – The application must synchronize data with the server regularly at an appropriate frequency.
Custom mobile app development has seen enormous growth, with an increasing number of people inclined towards tablets and smartphones. Some of the latest trends in custom app development include:
- Responsive layouts, i.e. UI would be responsive over all browsers and devices. These are the latest trends and are highly appreciated by app users.
- Cloud-based applications are more preferred as users now prefer to store very less data locally on the phone.
- Wearable technology is rapidly catching up with today’s increased awareness of fitness and health.
- Payment gateways provide provision to makeonline payments on e-commerce websites andcashless purchases in stores.
- Social media integration is a must for most apps these days.
Remember the competition in your niche is increasing by the day and the only way to elevate in this market is to create a loyal base of users. Our team at PECS is experienced in developing Custom Mobile Apps catering to clients such as IndianOil, Punjab National Bank, NTPC, Delhi Metro Corporation Limited, ExhibitPower-USA, ICanStay, etc.
Hope this blog is a helpful read. Wish to learn more on developing customized mobile apps for your business? Contact Us now.